I'm a qualified BACPR Instructor
If you have suffered a heart attack, heart surgery or heart disease and are unsure what types of exercise you should be doing or how much, then I can help. As a fully qualified BACPR (British Association for Cardiovascular Prevention and Rehabilitation) instructor, I can safely prescribe exercise for you. I currently run Cardiac Rehabilitation classes for groups in Leeds and Otley which you could possibly join, but if you would prefer the convenience of training from home at a time that suited you, then I can be there to work with you.
The aims of Cardiac Rehabilitation are:
- Help you recover from your surgery or heart attack
- Make changes to your lifestyle that will help to improve your heart health
- Help you achieve your full potential in terms of physical and psychological health.
- Reduce the risk of a secondary event
Regular exercise makes the body muscles, including the heart, more efficient. When the body becomes more efficient, it places fewer demands on the heart. Other benefits include:
- Lower blood pressure
- Reduced body weight
- Decreased stress levels
- Decreased lipid levels......plus many more
It is important that I carry out a risk stratification prior to exercise. For this, information may be required from your GP, Cardiologist or Cardiac nurse.
For further information or to make a booking:
Call on 07889 192 094 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org